Site compliance with all EHS regulations at the local, state, and federal level.
- Compliance with all Corporate policies and procedures and implementation of Corporate initiatives.
- Continuous improvement in the areas of safety, health, and environmental stewardship.
- Compliance with all legal training requirements for employees, contractors, and visitors.
- Continuous and incremental steps to build the foundation of a positive safety culture.
- Lead by example.
Manages Safety for the site:
- Implements and oversees compliance of all safety programs including LockOut/TagOut, Confined Space Entry, Electrical Safety, Hoists, Fork and Aerial Lift safety, Hot Work Permits, Fall Protection, Power Tool safety, Machine Guarding, etc.
- Develops, improves, manages and implements the Contractor Safety Program and Visitor brochure and requirements for the site.
- Reviews new equipment and processes along with changes to these for Safety and Environmental concerns. Leads corrective actions if issues are found and insures completion prior to equipment operation or installation.
- Administers Accident and Injury Recordkeeping and program management
- Coordinate, guide, and support/consult with site’s employee-led Safety Committee.
- Initiate regular interaction on EHS topics with employees.
Manages Chemical Safety for the site:
- Approves of chemicals to be used at the facility and to be brought in by contractors.
- Evaluate new materials and material use to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, promote a safe work environment and protect the environment.
- Manages/conducts Industrial Hygiene monitoring.
- Monitors chemical storage limits and compatibility issues.
- Ensures the OSHA Hazard Communication standard is met for container labeling, SDS availability, and employee training completion.
- Evaluates chemical hazards and determines engineering controls, administrative controls, ventilation, and PPE needed to mitigate exposure.
Manages the Environmental Management System for the site:
- Creates/ensures compliance for all site environmental permits or programs.
- Participates in and/or leads environmental continuous improvement projects.
Manages all aspects of the Health program for the site:
- Manages/conducts Industrial Hygiene monitoring at the site.
- Implements and oversees the Ergonomics program at the site.
- Manages the site’s Hearing Conservation program.
Oversees Change Management at the Site:
- Responsible for the site’s Capital Request reviews for EHS.
- Reviews new equipment, processes, and changes to these for Safety and Environmental concerns. Leads corrective actions if issues are found and insures completion prior to equipment operation or installation.
Leads all other EHS programs and requirements:
- Implements Corporate EHS initiatives and policies at the site level.
- Oversees Hazardous Materials shipping compliance at site.
- Manage, implement, and lead all SOCMA requirements, audits, and training.
- Responsible for development, delivery, and compliance for Employee EHS Training.
- Develop and implement site-specific safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures.